The hemp leaf has long been a symbol of anarchy, prohibition, sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll. But now, thanks to new legislation passed in Australia late last year, hemp is now free to be a symbol of vibrant health and legal to be consumed as food.
You’ve probably seen hemp seed, oil and protein health food shops and even supermarkets. These are all offer benefits to your body in various ways. But allow us to introduce you to Fermented Hemp+, we’ve created the world’s first fermented hemp powdered blend.
Fermented Hemp+ by Probiotic Foods
- Anyone who wants to boost protein and essential fat intake especially vegans and vegetarians, sports people, kids and teens, the elderly and during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Recovery from illness and chronic disease when nutrient dense, easy to absorb foods are vital.
- Anyone suffering from gut health issues where a prebiotic and probiotic can help bring gut bacteria back to balance.
- Those wanting to follow a low lectin diet as Fermented Hemp+ is lectin free. Lectins are compounds in foods that can cause our cells to clump together creating health issues. (More on that in our next blog.)
“Omega 3 deficiency is the single biggest nutrient deficiency in modern times and more health problems are attributed to eating the wrong types of fats than anything else.”
- they keep your hair and skin silky
- create juicy hormones
- keep your heart and blood pumping smoothly
- support cognitive function of the brain for mental health
- support joint health
- support the immune system by resolving inflammation
Good sources of healthy fats:
- Hemp seed and oil, Fermented Hemp+
- Chia, linseed, pepitas
- Walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Grass fed butter and meats
- Wild caught fish
*Hemp is different to other varieties of the cannabis plant Cannabis sativa which are commonly referred to as marijuana. It contains no, or very low levels of THC, the cannabinoid associated with the psychoactive properties of marijuana.