Are you frustrated because you’re not getting answers from your doctor about unresolved health issues such as fatigue, moodiness, aches and pains, skin problems, IBS or parasites?
We are learning that parasites and gut problems ALWAYS go together (Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman, Parasite Summit). Pesky parasites, like the ones you have been asking about—Blastocystis h and D. fragilis can be the underlying cause of a constellation of health problems.
That’s why we created a Day 1-30 and Day 60-90 Questionnaire so you can track many of these symptoms, especially if you have started The Complete Parasite Kit™. Download the questionnaire here and fill out Day 1. Take it to your doctor as well as a list of all your medications and supplements.
If you feel your doctor is not able to help you, find an Integrative GP or nutritionally minded health professional who can. Call us to suggest one in your area.
Here are some questions you can ask your doctor:
- Do you think I have a parasite? If so what is it?
- What tests do you recommend*?
- Can I have a copy of my test results? NB you are legally entitled to a copy. Click here to know more about your rights to pathology results.
- What treatments are available and which do you recommend?
- What are the side effects and success rates?
- Can you test for these vitamin deficiencies? What other nutrients might I be low in? Iron, Vitamin B12, essential fatty acid deficiencies—especially important if you are vegan or vegetarian or a have a history of anaemia.
- Can you test for inflammation and low immunity?
- Do you recommend any natural treatments?
- Are there any dietary restrictions that I should be following?
- Do I need to do any follow up tests to see if I still have a parasite? When?
Many parasites can go undetected for months/years so it’s important to feel you are getting the answers and the treatment you need.
*If a regular stool sample is requested it is best collected in the window of 4 days before and 4 days after a full moon. Nutripath is an Integrative Pathology Service offering broad spectrum testing for gut issues that goes beyond regular stool tests. These are recommended by nutritionally minded health professionals who can interpret results and guide you in the best treatment options. To really get to the bottom of your problem (!) being guided by your health practitioner is essential.